HCRA BOD Meeting 21-Dec-2017

HCRA Board of Directors meeting 21-Dec-2017

Attendees:

President – WM1B (Dave)

Vise President – OPEN

Secretary – N1FTP (Harold)

Treasurer – NV1Q (Juergen)

Tech. Dir – K1YO (Bob)

Program Dir. – W1AST (Larry)

Zero Beat Ed. – W1MOW (Gary)

Membership – K1VOI (John)

At Large – KB1RXO (Karl)

——————————— Meeting Open at 7:04pm ———————

President Report:

  • Dave reiterated that we need volunteers for an “Elmer’s List” where new ham’s as well as current, can talk to, ask advise on, make visits to stations during contests, help with Rookie Roundup, use of Elmer’s equipment? Antenna raising/tear down/maintenance group.
  • Also mentioned was that he will not be here for the Jan, Feb, March meetings and that the Program Director and Secretary will be the hosts for those months.
  • Dave also asked if anyone was interested in going to the ARRL cabinet meeting in Jan. Karl and Jeff (NT1K) volunteered to go.

Vice President Report:

  • OPEN

Secretary Report:

  • 60 members from both clubs attended the Holiday party. A good time was had by all.
  • Raffle tickets sales is slow with only 62 tickets sold so far.
  • Has been in contact with the people at DX Eng. for the upcoming meeting. Catalogs have arrived and we are still working out some issues with internet connectivity.

Treasurers Report:

  • The Treasurers report is available on request.

Program Director Report

  • Jan, guest speaker via Skype, K3LR contesing station.
  • Feb, Vintage Radio Museum, CT
  • Apr, Show & Tell
  • May, Lightning protection
  • Jun, Field day and Elections

At Large Report:

  • Nothing to report.

Membership Report:

  • 43 members so far for 2018 (56 members in total, 8 prospects, 1 family, and 4 lifetime members). John will put a reminder in Zero Beat for membership renewals.

Technical Director:

  • Bob is looking into Webinar’s, Skype, Google Hangouts and other possibilities for discussing Technical issues, slide show presentations, videos… more to follow. Bob will also talk to Doug from the IT department to find out if more bandwidth is available in the Conference Room.

Zero Beat Editor:

  • Nothing to report.

Old Business:

  • Old business items were discussed during the round table discussions by each director.
  • A reminder that each director needs to write down what they think their job descriptions are.

New Business:

  • The Vice President position is still open.
  • Harold will host the January meeting.
  • Larry will host both the February and March meetings.
  • Definitions of Membership. John has completed the definitions and is in the final stage of approval.
  • Liason Positions. Dave is looking at creating some addition liason positions such as Dir of Contesting, Dir of Elmer’s, and possibly Dir of Field Day. More to follow.

Open Floor Discussion: (GOO – Good of the Order)

  • Who will be responsible for sending out QSL’s to operators that contacted W1NY and/or WB1Z? John will work on designing and purchasing QSL cards.
  • Juergen asked who will handle the Club log certificates. He will make some inquiries.

——————————— Meeting Closed at 8:45pm ———————

Leave a Reply