HCRA BOD meeting notes for 20-Jan-2016
Vice President: N1FTP
Program Dir: W1AST
ZB Editor: WA1MOW
Tech Dir: K1YO
– Jim Mullen has volunteered to help out with updating our Website.
– A Web Forum has been created at “members.hcra.org”. The site will be
directed and administered by the BOD. It will be a members only site and
integrated with our web site.
– 90 tickets for the TS590SG have been sold to date. The minimum goal is 150
tickets sold. Many tickets will be sold at the MTARA flea market. We should reach
our goal plus some.
– There was quite a bit of discussion on how to divvy up the funds from the Xmas
party. From members to non-members to MTARA members and non-member
spouses as well as member spouses. There may be some double-dipping. This
needs to be revisited.
Beginning balance: $6771.95
Ending Balance: $7810.63
– There are 89 members with 80 paid and 9 family members. Question was
raised, why does it take so long for some individuals to renew? Could there be
some sort of incentive added to renewing? One suggestion was to put all the paid
members in Zero Beat. If your name is not there, you didn’t pay. This also answers
the question “Did I already pay my dues?”. Also discussed was greeting new
members and asking them what their interests are at the monthly meetings.
Program Dir Report:
Here is a tentative list from W1AST
– February 6, 2016: Jon Koltai, Hamsource – Power poles & really cool shack gadgets
– March 2016: First Robotics Competition: Gary, WA1MOW
– April 2016: Mini Presentation: Jeff, AB1WT: Portable IRLP & Echolink Node PLUS
Show and Tell
– May 2016: Jon Perelstein, WB2RYV – How to Report Weather & How to Properly
Read Your Weather App
– June: Field Day planning, Jeff, NT1K
– September 9, 2016: Tony Brock-Fisher, K1KP – Solar Power and RFI, what you
need to know
– October 7, 2016: Dennis Markel, N1IMW : The history of WCC and Chatham
– Nov 2016: tbd
– Dec 2016: annual HCRA Holiday Party
Zero Beat Editor:
– Submit your articles by 29th of January. Submit anything, please. Someday there
will be blank pages in Zero Beat…
Technical Director Report:
– 2 requests on interference. Services rendered, none.
A draft of the Welcome Package was handed out. The BOD must read and submit
changes to Jeff or Larry within the next 2 weeks. These Packages will be handed
out to all who pass their exams.A motion was made for HCRA to pay for the printing of the Welcome Package. The front page should be printed in color with printing on both sides. Staples is the preferred vendor for printing.
In Favor – 7
Apposed – 0
A motion was made for HCRA to pay for the printing of the HCRA tri-fold as well.
In Favor -7
Apposed – 0
Stub J-Pole Project:
The material has been purchased and cut. 80% of the project is complete.
License class exams:
Classes will be held on April 27,28, and 30. With Saturday being a full day.
Bob, K1YO has volunteered to help with the Extra Class.
Setup will be on Feb 6th starting at 9am. Looks like 6-7 people will be in the class.
The Club will supply Coffee and donuts.
We need Band captains ! Band captains bring their own radios and computers.
Antennas and antenna accessories are supplied by the Club.
Larry W1AST has volunteered to step up for 40m CW.
Jeff NT1K will be contacting the Parks & Rec dept.
Field Day will be discussed at the next membership meeting.
More special classes and presentations.
– Introduction to digital modes
– Tips and Tricks on Towers
– Contesting in general/Awards chasing
– Member Benefits
EZ-UP with Walls
Gary made a query as to purchasing a good EZ-UP for the Club. In the $300 range.
One with walls. A motion to purchase a EZ-UP with walls and not to exceed $300
In Favor – 7
Apposed – 0
The Big E’s 100th
The discussion was around HCRA participating for only a weekend. Gary will look
into getting permission and location. Participants will be required to purchase their own entry tickets for each day. To be successful, we need to make this a very
big deal. SDR’s, HF live, Multiple Monitors, tower, large antenna. More will be
discussed at the next BOD meeting .
Next meeting with be in Mid March and be a VOIP meeting.
Jeff will be handling the details with “Google Hangouts”