HCRA BOD Meeting Minutes for 05-Jan-2017

HCRA Board of Directors meeting 05-Jan-2017

Attendees:

President – NT1K (Jeff)

Vice President – WM1B (Dave)

Secretary – N1FTP (Harold)

Treasurer – NV1Q (Juergen)

Program Dir. – W1AST (Larry)

At Large – KB1RXO (Karl)

Membership – K1VOI (John)

Absent:

Tech. Dir – K1YO (Bob)

Zero Beat Ed. – WA1MOW (Gary)

——————————— Meeting Open at 7:11pm ———————

President Report:

  • The Web page is up and running.
  • The Forums may be removed due to lack of use.
  • On Jan 7, Jeff will be attending the ARRL NE Cabinet meeting. Jeff will report back the results of that meeting.
  • Jeff mentioned how well the Holiday party went. Food was good, location was great and he heard no negative feedback.
  • Jeff will get a more definitive agreement on swapping the Holiday party between MTARA and HCRA.

Vice President Report:

  • Nothing to report at this time.

Secretary Report:

  • As of the BOD meeting, 85 raffle tickets have been sold.
  • Harold and Dave have submitted the 990-N and the Annual Report for 2016.
  • Jeff and Harold will get together on how the Liability Insurance for Special Service Clubs is to be submitted and when.

Treasurers Report:

  • The Treasurers report is available on request.

Program Director Report:

  • January 6th guest speaker will be Rockwell Schrock WW1X, Remote Ham Radio
  • February 3rd guest speaker is John from Hamsource
  • March 3rd is Dick Fey WA2AAU, Northeast Weak Signal Group
  • April 7th is our annual Show N’ Tell
  • May 5th will be Steve Davidson, Mgr HRO, Salem, NH, Go Boxes
  • June 2nd, Elections and Field Day 2017 and a TBA short presentation

At Large Report:

  • Karl has been looking for a spike driver for Field Day to no avail. He did suggest that we purchase or build some 6-foot Y poles to hold the antenna ends up while it is being fastened to the towers. A great suggestion.

Membership Report:

  • Currently there are 85 paid members.

Technical Director:

  • During the past few months, Bob has helped a new amateur in Agawam get his antenna/station setup and tested.

Zero Beat Editor:

  • Up for future discussion is a suggested that Gary had in regards to sending out Zero Beat every other month. (Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, & Nov) Another item for discussion is whether we should have a “Lending Library”.

Old Business:

  • License Class location. A location with separate rooms is very difficult to find. As a last report, mention of using one room but the classes split up over weeks was made. Larry is also looking at another alternative site.
  • Field Day will again be mentioned at the next membership meeting emphasizing the need for Tower and Antenna Captains as well as a Field Day Committee. These positions are not meant for BOD members unless they volunteer to do so.

New Business:

  • The “ARRL Contest Eligibility List” has been worked on by Jim (KK1W) and forwarded to Jeff. In short, a list of members that will be participating in a Club event (ex. 10m contest) must be submitted to the ARRL prior to the contest. More details will be available at future BOD meetings
  • Share the Knowledge – Portable operations? (This topic will be tabled until the next meeting)
  • HCRA Banner. A motion was made to purchase a HCRA Banner. Larry approved the motion, Dave second the motion.
    • In Favor – 7
    • Apposed – 0
  • Show and Tell prizes. A motion was made to purchase a Raspberry Pi for 1st place, a multi-function tester for second place and a book for 3rd Dave approved the motion and Karl second the motion.
    • In Favor – 7
    • Apposed – 0

Open Floor Discussion:

  • The Board has decided to award another plaque for a member that has gone above and beyond in supporting the Club. Juergen and Larry will supply the Secretary with the wording for the plaque.
  • Dave mentioned that we have a Welcome Guide and perhaps it is time to add more to articles. This has been tabled for a future BOD meeting.
  • Juergen started a Club award discussion. Not a contest but a way for all ham radio operators to receive a HCRA award for the accumulation of New England Counties as an example. This has been tabled for a future BOD meeting.

——————————— Meeting Closed at 8:45pm ———————

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *